What exactly is Workplace Wellness?
For businesses, comprehensive workplace wellness services can help you make the most of your company’s health and productivity. The foundations of workplace wellness programs are simple:
- Recognize that WEllness is different from Illness in that we all work together to create the community of wellness, as opposed to any one person working in isolation. The tribe and group support effect are powerful.
- Provide employee education to facilitate increased health knowledge and successful self-management. The emphasis is to get people healthier and empowered to have ownership/responsibility for their own well-being. Education is based on the 5 components of The Lifetime Body: Food, Movement, Sleep, Ergonomics, and Awareness.
- Help company leaders to create a workplace culture of wellness where organizational productivity is enhanced and the workplace becomes additive, not detractive, to overall employee health.
- Increase profits by maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of employee behaviors.
- Decrease cost by reducing absenteeism due to illness/injury, turnover, and health/worker’s compensation insurance utilization. Healthy, happy employees want to stay with the company and grow/contribute.
When relatively small investments are made in wellness, the incidence of many lifestyle-related diseases (the common cold, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart attack, stroke, dementia, and even some forms of cancer) can be significantly reduced. Enhancing the health of the workforce pays huge dividends to the insurer, as healthcare claims cost is driven down. Workplace wellness, done correctly (with a company-specific plan and accountability measures), can create a true “win-win-win” for the employer, the employee, and the insurance carrier. This isn’t just a smart thing to do for the success of your business, it’s the “right” thing to do for humanity.
What is unique about The Lifetime Body approach to Wellness?
As opposed to a “one-size-fits-all” program, the TLB Workplace Wellness System works closely with management to identify the specific needs and wants of each unique organization. Following this assessment, employee education programming is tailored to target the areas of emphasis and produce the desired outcomes using the following:
- Brief, fun, highly-interactive presentations
- Simple, easy-to-implement health enhancement strategies
- Accessible, actionable support and guidance
- Individual and group health coaching services
Consultation on what constitutes an ideal wellness program for each entity is provided to develop a system that matches the company’s goals, budget, and organizational personality. We also utilize funding models which involve the committed investment of the employee, the employer, and the insurer.
What are your qualifications?
In my work at The Lifetime Body I’m focused solely on optimizing human performance and wellness through the lifespan. My credentials include:
- Over 35 years of experience as a physical therapist, fitness coach, and health educator/presenter.
- Master’s degrees in Physical Therapy and Exercise Science/Wellness Education.
- Extensive work experience in ergonomics, injury prevention, and health promotion in a variety of industries.
I continue to learn and grow my extensive knowledge base in these areas and I am sincerely dedicated to the advancement of health and quality of life for all of my clients.
How do we get started?
It all starts with an initial assessment, in which l carefully listen and learn the needs, concerns, and goals of your company. Together, we accomplish the following:
- Determine the appropriate baseline of company health and healthcare utilization, and identify the interventions needed.
- Educational seminars are provided to employees, in groups, or on an individual basis.
- Competency established in workstation analysis and design, body mechanics/posture/workplace habits, fitness training for both ideal health and job-specific performance/durability, the scientific and practical aspects of nutrition, the critical nature and immense benefits of high-quality sleep, and lifestyle optimization including personality awareness, circadian-based function, and mindfulness.
- Identify and implement wellness incentives most appropriate for your organization.
- Track and measure progress with your program.
Working with your company as a team, we assemble the wellness components in a timely fashion, and I remain available to all clients for ongoing support and followup.
If you would like to discuss how Workplace Wellness services from The Lifetime Body can help your business, please contact me at email@example.com to schedule a meeting.