What is T2?
T2 is the Training Tribe. It’s The Lifetime Athlete’s online training platform. T2 is a members-only team that trains for peak performance and complete athleticism. The Tribe is a network of connected, motivated individuals who are dedicated to being strong, fast, agile, and durable — Hard to Kill — on the playing field and in the game of LIFE!
What’s the backstory?
As coach of the Training Tribe, I’ve had the privilege of working with groups like this for nearly four decades. The magic of a team that meets regularly and works toward common goals cannot be understated. Having a training group keeps you consistent and accountable. It’s fun, and it really gets results. I wanted to grab that mojo which the participants (and I) felt over all those years and bring it to an affordable, easy-to-use online system. T2 was created from the experience of almost 40 years of group coaching and training (and 45 years as an athlete), and it blends the science and wisdom which has proven to be effective. With T2, practically anyone can get access to cutting-edge programming, effective coaching, and no-BS health and fitness education. Getting into a regular, year-round performance training system helps you in your area of specialization at the same time it improves your general athleticism. T2 makes your well of athletic capabilities broad and deep. We live in a world where too many people just aren’t getting the results they want with health, fitness, and performance. I created T2 to provide a real solution to this problem.
How does T2 work?
Members of the Tribe sign up for a monthly subscription and have exclusive access to:
- A comprehensive athletic training system based on an Annual Training Plan (ATP).
- TLA’s proprietary methodology which helps you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, hone your area of specialization, and maintain complete, well-rounded athleticism…at the same time preserving maximal health and longevity.
- Periodized training blocks that leverage the 5 major capacities of human performance: strength, speed, power, agility, and endurance. All workouts are explained and demonstrated in detail and can be scaled to fit individual needs and goals.
- Weekly, step-by-step programming which includes the Workouts of the Week (WOW!), on-demand instructional videos, and explanatory text and graphics.
- Weekly interactive Zoom meeting Masterclasses featuring guided bonus workouts and education on pertinent topics in health, fitness, physical therapy, and performance…including injury clinics, nutrition, and advanced training techniques.
- Easy to follow exercise progressions which guide you through warmup, activation, specific exercise techniques, sets, reps, rest periods, corrective movement strategies, and recovery principles.
- Daily motivational emails (The T2 eBlast!) providing tips for each day’s training session.
- Private, members-only forum which includes Q & A, competitions, and more.
- A community of like-minded individuals striving to be the best version of themselves, and encouraging others to do the same.
- You don’t have to sweat the details of how to design and execute your workouts…I do it for you.
- We use an ancestral lens that focuses on building a better (human) BEAST! Modern science meets evolutionarily consistent principles.
Is T2 right for you?
It may very well be. But probably the best way to determine this is to ask “Are YOU right for T2?”
- Do you strive for the highest levels of fitness and health, and peak performance in athletics and life?
- Are you passionate about your sport (running, cycling, skiing, hockey, tennis, golf, basketball, soccer, climbing, hunting, backpacking, etc.) and interested in conditioning the same way the pros do?
- Are you a workout aficionado or fitness junkie who is serious about training for real results?
- Are you motivated to look great, feel your best, and be capable of doing just about anything life throws at you?
- Would you like to learn how to move better, avoid pain, and make your body last a lifetime?
- Are you disciplined to put in the work and crush your goals?
- Do you like being part of a team…a TRIBE?
What makes T2 unique?
T2 brings a unique quality to the online coaching and training space. It’s not just the what (as in what workouts to do). It’s also not only the how (to perform exercises and put the lifestyle together). T2 provides the why (the science and relevance of all programming is explained clearly). This may sound overly simplistic, but T2 is all about getting results, having fun, and not getting hurt. We bridge the gap between rehab and performance and bring the best of physical therapy and strength & conditioning to one place…the TRIBE. T2 helps you to identify your assets and liabilities in training, and to develop your strength, speed, power, agility, and endurance to the max. In addition to the training, you get the knowledge you need for getting shredded, solving back pain, performance nutrition, injury prevention, and so much more!
What T2 is not…
- It’s not for everybody. If you are not super-psyched to be a complete athlete, T2 isn’t for you.
- It’s not for total beginners or anyone who is injured or struggling with pain problems. I have 1-on-1 coaching services for those situations, and we can easily get you up to speed for the Tribe.
- If you only want to be able to lift the heaviest weights, but don’t care about your mobility or long-term cardiovascular fitness, there are powerlifting and strongman programs out there for you.
- If you’re only interested in being as limber as possible, don’t care about being powerful and aren’t concerned about blowing out your back lifting a sack of pet food, then do only yoga.
- If your thing is jogging or biking in a straight line for hours on end, and you really don’t give a flying rat’s A about being able to cut, move athletically, jump, land, sprint, and not tear a hammie in the process…just keep doing what you are doing.
- T2 isn’t a bodybuilding program. If your only goal is to get as jacked as possible and being fast and agile isn’t important to you, then you should only pump iron and disregard your joint health.
- T2 isn’t CrossFit. We don’t utilize highly complex lifting or gymnastics skills and we don’t trash you with excessively anaerobic, lactate-filled breakdown sessions. We work hard but we also emphasize recovery.
- T2 is not a running program. We don’t try to turn everyone into a marathoner. That doesn’t work for every body or sport. But athletes can run, and sprint. And we make sure you have that ability in your athletic toolbox.
- T2 isn’t a short-term proposition. It’s all about the long game in sports and life. We build and maintain physical excellence over time by creating Lifetime Athletes who stand the test of time better than the rest of the population.
What do I need to be in the Tribe?
- Goals of being a more athletic athlete, tuning up your body composition, crushing results in your chosen sports or activities, and enjoying the greatest health and well-being…plus a desire to have an absolute blast while doing that.
- Entry-level movement competency as determined by The Athletic Assessment. You don’t need to be a movement rock star but T2 does require that you are relatively capable and pain-free with developmental sequence positions, basic movement patterns, and common athletic skills. We use elements of the Assessment for some of our competitions.
- A dedicated home gym space as described in the Essential Home Training Center. Or if you have access to a local gym…just go there.
What does it cost?
Less than a latte a day. You’ll get a huge return on such a small ($79.99 per month) investment. There are no contracts or hidden charges and you can cancel at any time if T2 and you are not an awesome fit. The value of T2 is immense. You can go to a lot of other sites, pay a lot more, and get a lot less in terms of quality content and expert coaching. Honestly, at less than a coffee a day for T2, it actually costs you huge losses in health and performance not to sign up.
When is the best time to get started with T2?
Well, the honest answer is that there is no time like the present. Never put off until tomorrow what can be accomplished (the pursuit of excellence) today. You can sign up at any point and get started with the Tribe. Right now is the absolute best time to jump in and get going with your lifetime athletic upregulation!
How can I sign up?
Just hit the subscription button and join the Training Tribe. Start kicking ASS at, in, and for…LIFE!