In this episode of the podcast, I have the outstanding opportunity to visit with Coach James Cerbie. James is the founder and director of Rebel Performance and the host of Rebel Performance Radio. At Rebel, James directs an online training platform which melds science, technology and innovation to help clients get real results in fitness and athleticism. Here are some of the highlights of our discussion.
- The journey James took as an athlete, academic, and coach to get to where he is today.
- Why many methods of training are great but how James felt the need to develop a system that produces the Apex Athlete.
- The intricacies of program design and the relationship between performance and health.
- The message from Nassim Nicholas Taleb in his book Antifragile which states that we have to have skin in the game, and how this applies to coaches who need to possess both academic knowledge and practical application skills. Or, as James puts it…you need to be an educated meathead.
- Why humans need to be part of a team and to combine challenge with camaraderie to get the most out of themselves.
- How to get strong, jacked, powerful, have a big engine, and move well.
- The importance of training intelligently so that you don’t end up feeling like a dumpster fire.
- All this…and more!
This podcast was brought to you by The Lifetime Athlete Coaching Services. Helping you to achieve peak athletic performance in any sport or fitness pursuit…fine tune your body composition to get lean, healthy, shredded, and jacked…and solve the root cause of injury problems by optimizing movement. Working online with your coach and physical therapist is where it’s at, and it’s awesome at TLA.
Consultations, gift certificates, and packages are available.
And now…Health and Performance MasterClasses are here. Get information that can help you to stay pain-free and peak-performing for LIFE!
The Lifetime Athlete Podcast is hosted by John Zombro, PT, MS, OCS, MTC, CSCS. A Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, and a human performance specialist for 36 years, John’s focus is in helping you to become Hard to Kill — on the playing field — and in the game of LIFE. The goal for each of us is the same: to be our best selves at any and every point in the lifespan, and to Die Late, Healthy, and Fast! You can reach John at:
Additional resources can be found at thelifetimeathlete.com where you’ll find hundreds of articles, podcast episodes and videos on The Lifetime Athlete YouTube Channel. Books, ebook programs, and merchandise are also available. These include AnimalFIT, the body type training program like no other, which helps you to Unleash Your Inner Beast and Unlock Your Athletic Potential!
Thanks for being part of The Lifetime Athlete Tribe and keep being a magnificent human BEAST!