That about sums it up! Happy Thanksgiving to you! It’s that time of year when we reflect, gather, and celebrate. It’s also a great time for me to share a few things.
I’m grateful for so many things, including family, friends, and health. But in this post I want to express my appreciation for you, The Lifetime Athlete community. Clients with whom I have the absolute privilege of working, and who inspire me to be a better coach and program designer. Members of the Training Tribe, whose zeal for optimal performance and dedication to year-round consistency are unparalleled. Users of my online programs who strive to make their workstations, body composition, and knowledge of conditioning better. Readers of my books and this blog. Listeners to the podcast. Viewers on the YouTube Channel. You are all AWESOME and I tip my hat to each and every one. It’s such an honor to champion the cause of lifelong athleticism and to be a leader in this crusade. I can’t thank you enough.
As far as shopping tips go, I think the upcoming Black Friday (and beyond) sales are a great way to snag some gear for your sports, home gyms, and training aspirations. Inventory is coming back up, prices have stabilized a bit, and now is a great time to think about what you might need for next year. Maybe you’ve been targeting a piece of equipment like a rower or bike, or a power rack. Or you just need a few kettlebells, extra plates, or a new medicine ball. This might be the best time of the year to pick something up. I have several resources available that can help you to determine what you might need or want for your gym. There are videos, articles, and podcasts on this topic and you can just type in “home gym” in the search bar on the website and select from there.
Choosing and purchasing gifts for those you love is always both enjoyable and challenging. You want to give that special someone a present that really says you care and at the same time it can be a bit frustrating deciding just what might be the ideal item. You might know the gear or equipment that they require or desire…and that makes it easy. But if you are struggling a bit to find the right gift, I’ll give a few shameless plugs for some goodies I offer:
- AnimalFIT: The body type assessment and training program development system that helps anyone figure out what their gifts are and learn how to maximize them. This book is a fun read and it’s written in a way that helps you to feel good about yourself and celebrate your unique traits. You’ll Unleash Your Inner Beast and Unlock Your Athletic Potential!
- Personalized Training Program Gift Certificate: Give the gift of customized program design! When someone has a vision of what they want to accomplish, and goals to be crushed, this is the ticket. A purpose-driven consultation and a written, results-oriented plan can help you to get the most out of your training time.
- Training Tribe Membership: When you want daily programming that is based on an Annual Training Plan (ATP) which balances your strength, speed, power, agility, and endurance…making you a Hard to Kill, athletic for life BEAST, T2 is the answer. Being part of a team, with weekly meetings, fun and creative workouts and competitions, and cutting edge science, has never been easier.
There is some really, and I do mean REALLY, cool stuff coming up at TLA.
I’ve got some podcast guests coming on to talk about all sorts of topics and adventures like:
- Hiking the world!
- Backcountry hunting adventures!
- Beating cancer and smashing sports goals!
- A ski filmmaker and photojournalist!
- Clients sharing their surgical experiences and advice!
Some videos that are in the works:
- How to train for and around a surgery!
- A new, comprehensive exercise library!
- Movement analysis made simple!
And a couple of hot programs that are taking off in 2022:
- January Shed and Shred body recomp program for Training Tribe members!
- February Slash and Burn taking that theme to the next level!
- Fit for the Field v2.0, the ultimate training program for backcountry hunters and mountain athletes, releasing in the spring as both an online course and a local class!
I think that’s enough for now. Thanks for reading and Happy Thanksgiving!