In these trying times when many of us are training at home, we sometimes have to be creative to keep things interesting, fun, and effective. When we apply the right amounts of science and creativity, we can make our home workouts awesome. In this episode of The Lifetime Athlete Podcast, PK & I discuss some key points:
- Taking just a little time to reflect, plan, and prepare for your workouts can reap many benefits. You can adjust your programming based on how you responded to the last session, what is working for you, and what you either like best or currently have available.
- Keep the element of PLAY alive in your training. Workouts can and should be fun. They are joyous celebrations of vital human beasts.
- Work with and around (not through) your injuries or suboptimal movement patterns. Make your workout work for you. Get some professional help in physical therapy or movement analysis to enhance your gains.
- Pulling and pushing exercises like pull-ups or push-ups can be made optimal by fine-tuning body position and setup.
- Here are a few suggestions to help you get more out of your training, and to see that in video format: The Ultimate Sandbagger’s Workout will show you how to get a killer training session in a small space, with easy-to-make equipment, and The Backyard Workout Bonanza will give more creative training ideas.
- Last and certainly not least…TLA MasterClasses are coming soon and more info will be available soon regarding the offerings for the month of May.
This podcast was brought to you by The Lifetime Athlete Coaching Services. Helping you to achieve peak athletic performance in any sport or fitness pursuit…fine tune your body composition to get lean, healthy, shredded, and jacked…and solve the root cause of injury problems by optimizing movement. This is exactly what we do in the coaching relationship. Online health and performance coaching, and Physical Therapy is where it’s at, and it’s awesome at TLA.
Consultations, gift certificates, and packages are available.
The Lifetime Athlete Podcast is hosted by John Zombro, PT, MS, OCS, MTC, CSCS. A Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, and a human performance specialist for 36 years, John’s focus is in helping you to become Hard to Kill — on the playing field — and in the game of LIFE. The goal for each of us is the same: to be our best selves at any and every point in the lifespan, and to Die Late, Healthy, and Fast! You can reach John at:
Additional resources can be found at thelifetimeathlete.com where you’ll find hundreds of articles, podcast episodes and videos on The Lifetime Athlete YouTube Channel. Books, ebook programs, and merchandise are also available. These include AnimalFIT, the body type training
program like no other, which helps you to Unleash Your Inner Beast and Unlock Your Athletic Potential!
Thanks for being part of The Lifetime Athlete Tribe and keep being a magnificent human BEAST!