Coach Lee Taft joins me on today’s show to have a great discussion about speed and agility training, athletic development and retention, and health and longevity. In this outstanding episode, the Speed Guy covers:
- How Lee moved through the journey of being a coach and physical education teacher to becoming a world-renowned consultant in the field.
- Why speed, agility, and reaction are the quintessential characteristics of the best athletes.
- Why we need to do a better job of enhancing physical literacy and competency in our youth, and retaining those traits in our adult population.
- What are some practical ways to incorporate speed and agility training into programming at any age level, and the potential benefits.
- How Lee trains and stays athletic in his mid-50’s, including recommendations for program design and home gym setup.
Lee can be reached at leetaft.com and at Lee Taft on social media.
This podcast was brought to you by The Lifetime Athlete Coaching Services. Helping you to achieve peak athletic performance in any sport or fitness pursuit…fine tune your body composition to get lean, healthy, shredded, and jacked…and solve the root cause of injury problems by optimizing movement. Working online with your coach and physical therapist is where it’s at, and it’s awesome at TLA.
Consultations, gift certificates, and packages are available.
And now…Health and Performance MasterClasses are here. Get information that can help you to stay pain-free and peak-performing for LIFE!
The Lifetime Athlete Podcast is hosted by John Zombro, PT, MS, OCS, MTC, CSCS. A Board-Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, and a human performance specialist for 36 years, John’s focus is in helping you to become Hard to Kill — on the playing field — and in the game of LIFE. The goal for each of us is the same: to be our best selves at any and every point in the lifespan, and to Die Late, Healthy, and Fast! You can reach John at:
Thanks for being part of The Lifetime Athlete Tribe and keep being a magnificent human BEAST!